Austin Learning Solutions began in 1997 as a home-based business while Ann was rearing her son in the Eanes school district. In the sixteen years since, Ann Conolly has provided effective one-to-one training for hundreds of private clients of all ages. (Parents' responses can be read on the "praise" page.)
Educational and Specialization credentials:
- Private Reading Therapist and Cognitive Trainer, 1997 - present
- Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) Advanced Training, 2015
- Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) Practitioner (Sound Therapy), 2015
- The Alert Program Training 2013
- TLP - Bone Conduction Certified Provider, 2009
- The Listening Program Practitioner (Sound Therapy), 2009
- Learning Ears Practitioner (Ear-Voice Training), 2006
- Samonas Practitioner (Sound Therapy), 2006
- Licensed Phono-Graphix Master Trainer, 2005
- PACE Provider (Processing and Cognitive Enhancement), 2000
- Certified Phono-Graphix Reading Therapist, 1998
- Certified Dyslexia Specialist, EduTherapeutics, 1997
- Covenant Christian School, 4th grade teacher, 1986-1987
- Special Education Teacher, Conroe ISD, 1979-1983
- Certified Texas Educator, 1979
- B.S. Special Education, University of Corpus Christi, 1978
Testing shows that most students with learning issues don't read well and are three to eight years behind age level in auditory processing or other processing skills. As a Special Education teacher, I was frustrated to witness how many bright, learning-challenged students were placed in Special Ed programs, but didn't get the help they really needed to 'outgrow' Special Ed needs. These students needed one-to-one training for their specific processing skills deficits. The schools do not have the time or resources to provide these services for so many students. For these reasons, I have pursued continuing education and certifications to provide the individualized training each learning-challenged child or adult needs.
Each program I recommend serves the auditory processing system. Auditory Processing skills, Autistic Spectrum challenges, Sensory Integration and Executive Function issues all benefit from Sound Therapy with Bone Conduction. Numerous helpful case studies are available on Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) website: http://integratedlistening.com. Attention Deficit Disorder is also well-served with the iLs Program. Learning Rx's PACE cognitive training program is also excellent and has changed many students' lives.
I look forward to serving your family to help you resolve the problems hindering your child's success. You can start today to change your child's future!
Yours for successful learners,